Monday, April 13, 2009

The Human Condition

Now, I have done a lot of talking in my past writings about energy and working with others but now lets put the focus a little more on the home front. I call it the human condition which means that we forgot what it is like to feel our own energy and spirit.

A few years ago I was working with a wonderful teacher in Austin and he said, "that most of us have it all wrong because we have it backwards and that really we are all Spiritual beings having a human experience". " Not human beings having a spiritual experience". Of course at the time I couldn't get out of my own way to understand that.

How could that be when everything I saw and touched was so solid and real? That teacher must be nuts I remember saying as I was trying to get in touch with my true self. So like all things that I don't understand, I filed it away for a future analysis when I had more time and moved on.

I have learned since then that all things will be reviled when the student is ready so it wasn't until a year and a half later when I was working with a meditation, I had learned to feel the spirit within that I discovered the truth for myself. Doubting Thomas and I seem to share the same symptoms for the human condition.

The whole experience was quite breath taking as I could go into this beautiful mediation and began to feel my own energy. At first it was a little scary as I knew only how to pick up the energy of others but this was truly amazing to feel first hand what your own spirit feels like living in your own body.

I know it sounds weird or off the wall as your brain tries to process it but when you actual experience and become aware of your own inner being something changes inside of you. Suddenly those teacher's words were brought back to life with a light bulb attached to it.

I find it no coincidence that I started working on that particular meditation in early January as I lost my father, cousin and my 19 year old cat in mid February.
The losses were unexpected and devastating as my family and I suffered one loss after another within a weeks time.

It was somewhere in the middle of this week that I remembered the meditation and started to practice it and I was able to find a peace as I began to connect the dots between the body and the spirit once again understanding that the body is only a garment that we wear and shed when it is time to move on.

A few weeks later as a family, we were able to visit my father's grave as he died and was buried on a private ranch out in Presidio TX. I was able to walk around and feel the energy of the land where he died. I also was very aware of my own spirit, light and free yet living inside of me. It was there, as I started to feel connected that a feeling of peace rushed over me and I began to remember who I really am. I could also see how each and everyone of us are connected on this earth and in the next, as it brings a unity and healing of the self.

The loss and grief began to seep into the ground and a since of freedom of becoming the Spirit energy that we truly are overwhelmed me. As we left my Father's friends and the land, I remembered once again that my father who was a teacher in the ways of the Spirit and I had laughed at him as crazy had once again taught me a another lesson in healing.

Blessings,
Ana

No comments: