Saturday, December 13, 2014

"The Self Saboteur"

I was having lunch with a dear friend the other day and she wanted to know about the archetype of the self saboteur. I had to admit to her that I had seen that energy pattern in some of the people I have known during my lifetime but I was not able to trace the source of the catalyst that perpetuate it. I did however tell her that I would send it out into the universe that I wanted to know the answer and see what came to me.

It didn't take long to get an answer. A few days later I was at the Halfprice bookstore browsing through some titles looking for something to read. I found a book called Riding Between the Worlds, "Expanding our potential though the way of the horse," by Linda Kohanov. This book caught my eye as I had been interested in taking horse back-riding up again and loved the idea of the energy connection with the animal. As a strong animal lover it was just right up my ally.

I have to say I was surprised on how quickly my small prayer was answered. There in the first few pages in the book was the answer to what my friend had wanted to know about the self saboteur.

Just a side note: Even though the author didn't label what she was describing as the Self saboteur it matched up to what I have seen and heard from others who are in this energy pattern. Here are a few quotes from the book that I found on page 5 which were quite informative.

Page 5 (Second paragraph)

"Rigid narcissistic parents still inflict untold suffering on family members who assert their own needs and desires. Those growing up in abusive environments can feel downright terrified by success.

Kohanov also goes on to say that abused children, "Are wired to expect any rise in self-esteem, personal expression, sexual excitement, love, joy or connection to end in tragedy or shame. They often pass these debilitating behavioral and emotional patterns onto their children, even if, as adults they manage to break the cycle of overt physical abuse."

There was quite a bit more but this is what caught my attention. I was excited the next day to call my friend and share the book with her.  

No comments: