Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Subtle Energies

Several years ago when I was working at an acupuncture clinic I not only had the opportunity to learn about energy medicine but really got to see first hand how all of it worked together. Not only did l discover how meridians ran like little highways inside the body but I was also delighted to be introduced to the Subtle Body energies that surround the physical body. Once again I found myself excited to learn that there is so much more to being a human-being than what we really think we know.

The reason I bring this up is that I had a rather interesting experience last week. Before I go into it I just want to mention a few things about the subtle bodies for background information. All of the subtle bodies encircle the physical body in different layers like an onion. Each one of the subtle bodies are like a Chakra and has a purpose and function that not only affects us on a mental level but also affects the physical body itself. What I found intriguing was that illness could often be detected in the subtle bodies by a skilled practitioner and when it was not treated or settled on its own it would manifest itself in the physical body.

So now with this very tiny amount of information about Energy medicine it may give you the idea of what I am writing about. It all started when I was exposed to the flu and at the time I took no notice of it. That week I just happened to be under a deadline for a particular project so most of my attention and effort was focused on making my deadline. Doing errands and visiting people all the time I am exposed to a lot of things so it took me quite by surprise when this time it was different.

What I did notice during the week was that my pets at home would look at me as if they were concerned. They would watch me as if they were seeing past me into my energy field of the subtle bodies or aura. Then they would change some of their daily routines to come and lay on me. Later I went to the grocery store and noticed a women being strange. When I asked her if she knew where something was she kept looking as if she was seeing something above me. The same thing happened at the dry cleaners. I did think it was odd but thought I was imagining it and brushed it aside keeping my focus on my task.

It wasn't until a week to the day after being exposed, in the middle of the afternoon, that I got chilled and then realized I had all the symptoms of the flu. The doctor confirmed it the next day. As I was recovering I reflected on what I had missed during the week remembering our pets and the people I ran into. Now that I am over it the pets went back to their normal routines and look directly at me when they want something or if I am speaking to them. But I also started to thinking about some of the people who I came in contact with. I wondered if they were aware on a conscious or even subconscious level in detecting that I was carrying the flu in my energy field or even in my body when I felt perfectly fine.

What I have come to understand is that each of us is very capable of picking up on other people's energy but many of us have forgotten or don't use it as we are occupied with our physical lives. (Myself included) On the other hand most people will agree that animals have this ability but my thought was this... as human beings it would seem that it would save a lot of time, money, and effort if we all remembered how and used it. For me it was another life lesson as I missed my deadline......


Note; If you are interested in learning more about Energy medicine here are a few books that may help...

The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of your Energetic Anatomy, by Cyndi Dale
The Web that Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine, by Ted Kaptchuk
Esoteric Acupuncture: Gateway to Expanded Healing, Volume 1 by Mikio Sankey, Ph.D.,L.Ac.

Photographs by Steve Noyce
1st photo - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
2nd and 3rd photos - Arlington, Texas

No comments: