Sunday, August 30, 2015

"The Choice"

This past week I was on my way to visit a Reiki Client and ended up stuck in traffic. That wasn't so bad until I realized the time. Looking at the situation I decided that the lane that I had chosen was not the best to make my way out of the traffic. I checked my rear view mirror to move into the right lane seeing a truck that was at least three cars behind giving me a clear path if I was quick. I then turned my signal on and hit the gas but being in a manual to my horror my Mini tried to stall. That was the only time I had to make the move, leaving me in-between lanes. What resulted was that the driver of the large pickup truck decided he could move fast enough so that I couldn't get in and we almost hit each other in the middle of all the traffic.

I waved at the truck and since I was already in the lane proceeded to move forward. The driver of the truck had his own ideas and he also moved forward. We almost hit each other again. Still stuck in the middle of both lanes I couldn't believe what was happening and so I proceeded to move forward again only this time I hit the gas and pulled the mini out of his way as the big truck jerked forward to take over the space that I was occupying. I got in by the skin of my teeth and then became rather angry once it was all over. No, I was furious! Then I remembered the night before when I was teaching a class and the subject came up about sending out thoughts that had a negative vibe to them.  
As it just so happens road rage is one of those experiences where we get to be tested in what we are sending out to our fellow human beings and out into the world. I knew in that moment that whatever I sent out through my own energy field would not only hit that other person's energy field but it could influence others around us. I also knew that it would eventually return to me as I was the original source of the thought. Being conscious of all of this I decided to take the higher road. Instead of sending out anything that was negative, I felt it was important to forgive and to move into a positive energy. As I sat there in the traffic with the truck in my rear view mirror I sent out love saying a prayer for the person so that they would heal whatever it is that was making them so aggressive. I surrounded myself in love feeling peace flood my being and as I did the traffic opened up and we were all back at the high speed of 70 moving down the highway.  

I ended up being only a few minutes late to my Reiki session with my client. As I got out of the car a flash of the whole incident went through my mind and I caught myself smiling as I knew that I it was going to be a beautiful and wonderful day! Feeling joy in my heart I went inside the building to meet with my client.

Photographs by Ana

No comments: