Monday, September 7, 2015

"Esoteric Acupuncture"

In 2010 I was working at an Acupuncture clinic in Fort Worth Texas as a Reiki Practitioner.  I had the opportunity to learn about Acutonics which uses tuning forks and how they work on the different meridian points on the body. It was because of this that the concept that kept coming to mind was that since Reiki was a healing energy channeled through the hands why wouldn't it be possible to do the same thing with the Acupuncture points.

Reiki is very simple process as the energy flows through the practitioner's hands into the client. Since the energy comes from Source it goes directly to the places in the body that it is most needed for healing. Reiki has also been described as a laying of hands energy prayer. In the case of Acupuncture the practitioner is physically engaged with different points on the body that follow the energy flow through the meridians using needles, or tuning forks to help with healing. What caught my attention was that since energy could be channeled through the practitioner why couldn't the energy as a healing vibration be mentally guided instead of using physical instruments on the client.  

As a Reiki practitioner it may all seem a little complicated but what I found working at the Acupuncture clinic was that people wanted to use different techniques that resonated with their own healing process. This idea of mentally guiding the energy flow through the meridians was just another way of working with the healing energy. Also I loved the fact that it didn't need any physical tools to create the same affect. 

I went home one night and searched on the internet to see if anyone else had come up with the same idea. What I found was that there was one man named Dr. Mikio Sankey who not only knew about this technique but had even published a few books about it calling it Esoteric Acupuncture. He even had a wonderful YouTube video describing his work and the success he had using it. Thrilled I couldn't wait to share what I had learned the next day with the Acupuncturists who ran the clinic. To my surprise I found out that she not only read the books but had met Dr. Sankey in Austin. She was happy that I was excited about the whole process and offered to loan me her books.

After reading about how Esoteric Acupuncture worked I asked the Acupuncturist if we could use the same techniques with some of her clients. She thought about it and felt like there were a few clients that would be open to trying that kind of acupuncture out and would really benefit from it. The outcome was amazing. The clients that agreed to use the process were happy with the results and it seemed to speed up their healing process.

I ended up leaving the clinic in 2012 to take time off to write a book and begin teaching about energy patterns. But I will never forget my time learning about the different ways that Acupuncture can be applied in helping to heal the physical and emotional body.

Note: If you are interested in Esoteric Acupuncture here are a few books on the process.


Esoteric Acupuncture; Gateway to Expanded Healing by  Dr. Mikio Sankey P. Hd. L.Ac
* Discern the Whisper,  Esoteric Acupuncture Vol.2, Dr. Mikio Sankey P.Hd. L.Ac
* Climbing Jacob's Ladder, Esoteric Acupuncture Vol. 3, Dr. Mikio Sankey P.Hd. L.Ac

Photographs by Ana

No comments: