Monday, October 5, 2015

Psychometry

The first time someone showed me what psychometry was I thought it was a magic trick. I was instantly delighted that there was so much information to be picked up just by holding an object. At the time I didn't realize that it was a natural talent that we all have whether we are aware of it, or not. We were born with it, and often when we find ourselves holding an object, or walking on a piece of property where we pick up the subtle energies around us feeling something deep down inside our gut. In those moments it is up to us to know ourselves well enough to know what we are really picking up from the energy that is held within the land.

When we break it all down everything is created out of energy. Emotions are just another form of energy. Often when these two energies become entangled with one another the emotional energy becomes a part of the object, or land. This happens a lot more than we even realize. Thank about a watch, or a piece of jewelry that someone wore all the time. After sometime some of their feelings and moods become imprinted within the item's energy. Someone else may come along later and pick up on what the other person was going through as they hold the jewelry, or watch in their hand.

Land is another way that people can pick up energy patterns that are trapped, or left behind. We being multidimensional beings have our energy fields that span out around, and in us. Sometimes when we go to a place, or find ourselves visiting where a battle has taken place we may feel the presence of fear, grief, terror, or even hopelessness. Rage, anger, defiance, revenge, hate, lust, greed, power, control, etc... may also be among these emotions left behind embedded in the land. The energy can hit us so fast that we are unsure what is happening to us as we take it all in.

 I had a similar experience this past weekend when my husband, and I decided to visit a town that is known as an art center located in the mountains in a near by state. This past week we decided to drive up for a weekend and as we got closer to our destination I noticed that my husband started to get really quiet. When I asked him what was wrong he said he was feeling sadness and a sense of loss. Grief had overtaken my heart too and when I examined where else in my body it was residing I also found it in my throat, and forehead. Immediately, I asked my husband where he was feeling the sadness in his body and he pointed out the same places on himself.

We knew some of the history of the town and that many battles had been fought there with the Natives and Spaniards battling over the land. What was surprising was how strong the emotions were still a part of the land. Our stay was bittersweet as we enjoyed talking to the artists and shopkeepers and seeing all the sights. It was when we walked around certain parts of the town that it felt as if the ghosts from the past stepped out onto the streets to share their sorrow with us.

Sunday, as we drove home, I noticed that as we got further and further away from the town the sadness began to leave us. Don't get me wrong, I loved our time being together and seeing all the sights, but once again I recognized that we were designed to pick up the energies around us, some of which are supposed to be a deterrence of danger and others are the impressions left behind from of the past. Psychometry is just a part of us and as we evolve we learn that when we pick up these energies they may be useful to us or a reminder of another time...

Photographs by Steve Noyce 

No comments: