Monday, October 26, 2015

The Soles of Our Feet

I was having tea at a friend's house and she was telling me about how sensitive the soles of the feet are. Knowing that she had spent time in New Mexico learning about herbs I felt honored to listen to what she had to say.

"No, really", she said! "Try this sometime by taking fresh garlic that you cut up and rub it on the bottom of the feet. In a few hours you will be able to taste it with your tongue. If you are stressed you can rub an essential oil like lavender on the feet and it will move into the blood stream quickly helping you to relax."

Of course it wasn't until I woke up the next morning at 4 am that the thought that came to me was how many times had I heard that the ancients not only washed their feet but also smudge oils and different kinds of herbs on the bottom of their feet.

Could this not only be a way to care and cleanse the feet but actually a way of caring for the body as a whole? I have heard stories of people in the past putting Vicks on their children's feet when they had a cold and it would help them breath better.

This made me wonder if our feet are that sensitive then by not caring for them properly might effect our blood, organs, immune system, etc...

Wow, this puts Athlete's foot in a whole other category. What is in the inside of our shoes? What is really in our foot powders and sprays?

Things that make you go Hmm...


Photographs by Steve Noyce

No comments: