Monday, March 14, 2016

Ancient Wisdom

"So what does that mean?" a dear friend asked over the phone one day as I was outside watering the flowers in the back yard. "Hmmm, good question, I said," as my brain tried to find an answer in a quick assessment of the conversation. You want to know if a person can transfer bad energy that can flow and infect another person?

The answer is "yes", but as soon as the thought moved to the tip of my tongue I could hear the words of the Medicine men from Taos, NM reminding me that energy is not ever good or bad. It is the person who uses the energy to be good or bad and that is what makes it what it is... So yes, a person with bad intentions can use it for evil, or if they have good intentions, for good.

Then the thought hit me. So, if a person has bad intentions toward another human being then, if that other person is aware of this energy they have the ability to change the energy to a good energy and send it out for the good of all.  A very good skill worth learning... It is what is in your heart and your mind that will show... sometimes the whole experience is a wake up call to learn what is in your own heart...

Don't laugh! As for those who make fun of the evil eye and the superstitious attitude that the older cultures hold to, a certain person came into my life who you would never suspect of giving people the evil eye and taught me a very valuable lesson. At the time I was at work when an acquaintance came up to me and warned me to watch out for that particular person for they would surely put the evil eye on me if I were not doing what that person wanted me to do. I remember laughing at the mere thought and thinking that the person who told me this had a wild imagination never even suspecting that one day I would witness it.

A few months later I was in a training session with a group of people from the office and out of the blue the woman I was warned about started glaring at me intensely from across the room. She showed such hatred and revenge in her eyes. When I turned to smile at her she would continue to stare, making it seem she wanted me to bolt from the room. I ignored her, but I could feel her icy stare trying to penetrate me through the rest of the training session. As uncomfortable as it was, I kept having to refocus my energy into the material that we were learning for the rest of the morning. Each time I was reminded that she was there I would send out love to her person. I did not play her game. At the time I was unsure what was the cause but later found out that I had chosen to go another direction in our group and had angered her profusely.

 I know that negative energy is out there but trust yourself and allow yourself to know that if you feel uncomfortable or the energy is off it is your choice to redirect the energy into the earth to be cleansed or to transform it into positive and loving energy. We forget that we don't have to take on others' energy unless we choose to.

Also, we must remember that we are human and with the highest intentions we can directly change the energy around us for the greater good. But know, if you are in a situation that is bad for you then it might be best for you to leave, even if you have the ability to shift the energy from negative to positive. think about what it is costing you and if it is really flowing in the positive... You have the personal power to change where and who is in your life.



No comments: