Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Journey

On one of my trips, my husband dropped me off to catch an early flight at the DFW airport. I was making my way to visit my mom who lived in Taos, NM. It had been awhile since my last visit and I was excited to see her. So after saying goodbye I slowly made my way to find the area where I had to check in my bags. While waiting in line I got bored and opened my energy, casting my gaze around the big room only to notice large amounts of energy spinning off of other people's energy fields. I let my own excitement get the better of me, captivated by the ocean of colors. So many interesting things going on as people were occupied tying to maneuver through the crowd dragging bags across the floor, checking flights or hurrying to step into a line. Many energy fields were lit up like christmas trees as their auras burst with color while they expanded their awareness stimulated by the interaction of the hustle and then there were others who held their fields tight around them lost in their own thoughts.

  Moving on into the security line I pulled my field in close around me but my joy of thinking about seeing my mom opened me back up sending my field flooding out into the open space. Quickly I tried to get a grip on my emotions trying hard not to spill my energy over into someone else's field so that I wasn't intruding. Still my fascination with watching the colors of light around people kept me occupied until I remembered that one of my teachers had told me it was rude to check on people's auras because it was their business what was going on in their lives. Averting my gaze I didn't read the colors but was aware of the light.

Every once in awhile I was reminded of my destination of going home, feeling a grin escaping across my mouth. My joy spilled over, opening up my energy fields, as I started to take my turn to talk to the Security guard, only to receive a smile back which released more light exploding like wings around us which merged our fields. Our energies matched in that moment making the exchange of information a pleasant experience. Afterwards, I pulled myself together entering into the line and finally into the main waiting area of the airport. Lucky for me they had already started the procedure of boarding the plane so my wait was short as I continued to hold my energy around me. Once inside the plane I was joyful again that my husband had booked me a seat by the window. Looking at my surroundings the man next to me was engaged in a book and people were hurrying to find their seats.

I closed my eyes excited about landing and seeing my mom feeling more anxious for the plane ride being over so I could be grounded and back in my old room. After take off  I caught myself watching the sea of colors expanding over and around people's heads as the plane left the ground. Behind me I could hear a man who was talking to someone about his life in New Mexico. Another person was laughing while reading a book.  The person across the aisle was sleeping, as others had their laptops open working or watching something as we flew over the desert.
The feeling of anxiousness swept over me as I wanted to be at my Mom's house sitting by the fire. Even after the flight from Texas we still had a three hour drive from the Albuquerque airport and I was adding that to my list. Then, as I was sitting there, I remembered something my mom used to say, "Life is really all about the Journey and not the destination." Relaxing into my seat, I asked the man about his book which started a whole conversation about life and how we connect. Before long the Captain was preparing us for landing and we were heading out the door. I couldn't help smiling at the whole experience and when I reached my mom she asked me about my flight which tickled me as we enjoyed a long conversation on our drive to Taos.

Photographs by Ana, Taos NM

No comments: