Monday, January 25, 2016

" An Awareness"

A Dream

One night I dreamed that I was really sick and everyone that I came across in the world was sick. Then I saw myself talking to my friends and telling them when I remember getting sick and how it started. We all had the same thing. In my dream I saw a screen on the wall telling everyone how sick we were and how bad the symptoms and the pain would be that we would all experience.

As I looked around the house I realized that there were huge screens all over the place so I decided to go for a walk. I noticed on my walk there were screens everywhere all saying the same thing. I saw this man who stood out from the rest of us standing on the street and I asked about him. Someone told me that the man was crazy and to stay away from him. I noticed that he didn't seem to be sick or dying in any way, shape, or form. "He was not like us?"

That was when I woke up...

An Awareness


The next day on my drive over to see a friend I turned the radio on to listen to some music. I liked the song that was playing so I turned it up. I started to sing along when I realized what I was saying... "I am a Victim!"...."What? What did I just say?"... I listened paying close attention to the words realizing that I didn't like what it was saying so I turned the dial... Another song came on only this one talked about a Co-dependent relationship...  The next song was about hating someone. What????..

Later when I got home I turned the TV on and was surfing through the channels. Again I became aware of what I was hearing and seeing, only to recognize that a lot of it was about fear, loss of power, or taking someone else's!! 

Wow, "I didn't know I was really into it!" It was everywhere just like in my dream...

Photographs by Steve Noyce

No comments: