Monday, February 1, 2016

Energy Frequency

Working with energy I have run into a topic with various people about keeping other people's energy out of their fields. Amazingly this is a common fear and one that I had myself when I started working as an energy worker.

As an Empath it is only natural to pick up on other's thoughts and feelings that are around us but it can also be a hinderance to our energy fields when it gums up our own inner workings. Too often it is easy to blame others for interfering with our energy frequencies but the truth is that we participate in this energy exchange. Some part of us, whether it is conscious or unconscious, is allowing our frequency to open up to the energy of others or allowing ourselves to be corded.

This is true even for those who are not energy workers and feel themselves being drained by others. It is our own responsibility to learn how to work and live in the physical world without shutting ourselves off from it. We must remember that we have the right to say, "No" and release the energy that is overwhelming us. We are not victims, but active participants in all energy exchanges, even the ones that we feel forced upon us. We have the right to deny access and we can block those pathways so we don't get overloaded.

Once, I was sitting with a dear friend having tea one afternoon and as we were enjoying our conversation I started to feel like I needed to take a nap. I was so tired that I was about to excuse myself and go on home. As I was barely able to keep my eyes open and concentrate, my friend excused herself from the table to go to the bathroom. While she was gone the tiredness started slipping away as I began to awake up when it dawned on me that I had been corded by her. I love my friend and knew that if she knew what was going on she would feel bad so I quickly did a body analysis of my energy field and sure enough found a cord in my solar plexus.

 After doing Reiki on my Chakra I then channeled-in gold and white light to release and heal the place where the cord had plugged in. I infused it with unconditional love with the intention that she no longer had access to my energy fields. By the time my friend came back I was no longer tired and was ready for round three of courses with our tea. My friend started the conversation up again and within a few minutes I noticed that she seemed to be a getting tired herself without my ample supply of energy. After about ten minutes into the tea she excused herself and went home letting me know that she was extremely tired.

Driving home, I remembered that in the past, my encounters with her had always left me going home afterwards to sleep for hours. This time I was unaffected. In fact I felt really good but I also understood that I had somehow allowed her unconsciously to have access to my energy because we were friends. This happens a lot more then people realize.

From this experience I learned that I had a say in who's energy I let in and who's energy I could block allowing me to have control over my own fields. I also learned that when I worked with someone or if someone did energy work on me and I didn't like their energy once we started I could allow the energy that resonated with me to work in my fields and deny the energy that I didn't like. There again I discovered the personal power that I had over my own energy fields. Once we all  learn this then we discover how much we really do have a say in our own lives both in the physical and spiritual world.

Photographs by Ana

No comments: