Saturday, February 21, 2009

Retrieval of the Soul


The first time I mentioned Soul Retrieval to my Pastor, who was my boss at the time, who I thought I did a good job of trying very hard to compose himself as we walked down the hall that connected our offices as I poured out my heart. I was far to ignorant to give him a full explanation at the time but felt that I had been called in that direction. He was really big on being called by the Spirit but I am afraid that what I had just blurted out as a full confession was far too much for him at the time.

I had been guided and studying healing with the intention of finding a solution that not only brought spirituality back into the church but also allowed people to reconnect with themselves and the Holy Spirit. As I talked to people I became aware that we as human beings. Are often too busy to explore our spirituality and find ourselves becoming stuck when we are facing some of the realities in our own lives. I found myself guilty as charged.....

I am not saying that everyone is in this state but a good amount of us are which results in bad relationships, sickness,and sadness as we move through trying to figure out what went wrong. It was when I was given the assignment to go ahead a look for a solution that I came across Soul Retrieval. It was unfortunate for my Pastor to not know that I had been exposed to the "Warriors Way" of healing as a small child by my father when I started to search.

It was something that I had tucked away as insignificant knowledge in my mind as the teachings of someone who knew nothing of the true world. Little did I know that my journey would bring me back home and what I had learned those many years ago as I sat around the fires in the tepee during the summers and listened to my father's stories.

They were just stories to pass the time as I told myself. So why now thirty years later were people teaching the old way of healing? Why was it when I was searching myself for relief of painful relationships was I attracted to what I thought was just the imagination going wild. You see my dilemm.

But determination to find the answer was my influence and I continued on with my path. It lead me to an experience that changed my life and showed me once again that maybe my father had not been a certified nut case after all. All of his teaching had suddenly became a realization that maybe there was truth to what I was experiencing with my own spiritual experiences.

Funny, how we run away from who we really are and if we stopped and just listened, life would be so much in tune to what we were crated for. As I listened to our teacher I realized that all soul retrieval was about was finding the pieces that we lost when we give away our own personal power or taken by someone else. It was very logical and made since to my left brain that tends to sort and organize. This was what my father had taught years ago.

Soul retrieval is about post traumatic stress disorder and teaches in finding the way to retrieve the parts that were lost in a major trauma. This of course could be in a server accident, abuse, loss, abandonment, war, violence, operation, relationship or other trauma where the soul detaches itself from the body and goes to a safe place. Only apart of the soul may not return because it does not realize that the trauma is over. The person experiences not feeling complete and a loss of self. Often they will revisit the trauma over and over in their mind trying to fix it or find the piece that they are missing.

Soul retrieval is an ancient way of relocating the piece of the soul that was lost and returning it to the person who lost it. It also involves working with the person and helping them work with and through the memories of the trauma. It is considered very serious work and takes major training.

As I moved through the training and learning experience I realized that the new and the old were really the same only one was excepted in our society and the other was feared. The ancients were not really far off when they were working with healing and bringing the soul, body and mind together in balance.

To be honest it was an amazing experience. I wish I had gotten the chance to tell my dad that what he taught long ago was not bogus but something that really changes lives and heals. But for some reason I understand that he already knows as he crossed over to the other side this last Sunday.

Ana

No comments: