Friday, February 20, 2009

Spirit Walking

Spirit Walking, something I learned from my father who just recently passed away when I was very young and only now have come full circle back to the roots of my past. What is Spirit Walking, you ask? Why it is when you are aware of the completeness of your own being.

Years ago as a very young girl, I walked away from the teachings of my father as I decided to go and fit in with the rest of the world. As I left my past behind to go to the university and discover what life was all about, I began to forget all the teachings that I was once held so closely in my heart.

I am not saying that this was a bad experience as I learned to become apart of the world and started a family which is a huge blessing in my life. But somewhere deep inside me there was a dark hole as though a piece was missing that always seemed to haunt me as I searched for the truth and the meaning of my life.

I tried the depths of organized religion but only found the politics and the painful side of human nature in myself and others as we tried to fit God very neatly in a tight little box. There wasn't enough room for God much less his son or spirit to even close the lid. But through the whole process I began to ever so slightly see a glimpses of the other side and as I did teachers began to show up in my life reminding me of what was once recorded in my heart.

As I am learning and having more experiences, I find that reconnecting with our Creator and who we are in spirit is something that can truly be defined. A few times when I was working at the church I became aware of having this amazing tingling sensation that moved all through me and it was later that a teacher described the sensation of being able to feel the spirit that lives inside. I remember laughing and saying you sound like my crazy dad.

But the experiences wouldn't stop and it would happen spontaneously as I was working in the kitchen or putting together fellowship events where the whole congregation would gather in celebration. The funny part is that if I stood still I felt like I would fall asleep as the warmth and sensation would move like a Swedish massage inside and outside my entire body.

The Pastor of our church at the time, used to ask me why I kept moving and what I was running from by staying so active. He had no idea what I was running form and how do you explain to someone you are having a spiritual experience when you don't even realize you are having one? It was later when I became the Healing Director, as I know that God truly has a since of humor that I began to slow down and search for the unrest inside myself.

My excuses of being busy and politics tried to keep me from coming full circle to where I started from, my past. Sometimes I think that we have the answers all along but refuse or reject them as we are afraid to grow through our own experiences. This is where true intervention comes in.

Only recently with the help of the Holy Spirit am I able to go into meditation and call on my spirit that lives inside me and feel myself as true spirit. The sensation of tingling and lightness moves again through me as my brain seems to be able to register the difference between body and soul. I am now conscious of the coexistence of both, separate but the same as it inhabits the same space I call myself.

You might think this is the best kept secret of our times but we are all capable of doing this and feeling this once we recognize ourselves as true spirit beings in a human body. We are spirit walking when we sleep, you are just not aware of it.

When you think about it in the terms of dieing, it is really about returning to what we already know and where we came from when we move back to the arms of our Creator and that is in the form of our true selves.

Blessings,
Ana

No comments: