Thursday, April 2, 2009

Speaking in Love


One of the things that seems to keep coming up these past few weeks is," speaking in love." I don' t think we give much thought about it as we go along in our very busy lives. I noticed a few times I have been very aware of what was going on around me as I realized that the small act of loving someone even when I had the urge to be upset seemed to change the whole dynamics of the relationship. It can be like adding cool water to an open wound.

I think that by being conscious of ourselves when we feel we are in the right is to know that it only brings in a negative energy that can destroy another's self esteem. Our beautiful relationships with each other are too preciouses to lose to such a fate. In the end, it is the act of love that moves mountains and removes the road blocks.

Anger destroys our inner peace with ourselves and others. Notice this when you are driving, that is when this really comes out for some. It is by speaking in love that not only can change our relationships in verbal communication but also leaks out in our actions with each other.

I know when I am on the other side and someone is frustrated with me, I am also frustrated with myself, them and the situation to. It makes it so much easier to have someone who offers grace and a kind word of understanding instead of criticizing and anger.

A word in love or even laughter changes the situation from something devastating to something very human which plants seeds in all of us for becoming loving towards each other. I know that we are in the mindset of being not able to make mistakes and rise above others but when we do, we take the humanity out of being human.

It is OK to make mistakes and it is OK to find solutions on how to fix them together with encouragement. As we grow in a loving maturity we learn to make allowances for each other and we also find the comfort of touching another life and our selves by the power of our loving words and actions.

One of my teachers once told me, "Ana, when you facilitate healing for someone else, you are also experiencing a healing in yourself. It is how we are created to share in the whole experince as we walk on this earth together."

Love, Ana

No comments: