Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Unconditional Love

I remember as a young child playing a game with myself to see how far I could go. I used to start thinking about where I was in the world then would expand my thoughts to the house, the neighborhood, the city, state, country, continent. then the world, universe, solar system, and way out past that...... After awhile I would start to get a headache if I kept going. Somewhere along the way I would get lost in my expanding thought having to stop as it would start to blow my mind. The last part of this game was wondering what was out past all of what I could even think of? Where, and when does it, if ever stop?


Once I had a discussion with one of my dearest friends and the subject of unconditional love came up. In my mind it is a lot like the game I used to play with myself as I see it without limitations. As we began to talk about the subject it came out that maybe we as humans have a hard time understanding what it really means as it can also be mind boggling.

I think that sometimes we can pride ourselves for thinking out of the box only to find that we have traded in the smaller box for a bigger one. The whole idea of limitless is hard to warp our minds around when we try to go there. Somewhere we have to add a boundary or stop so that we can grasp even a hint of the concept of it all. Yet the fact of the matter is that unconditional love has no boundaries, no judgement, no prejudice, or even limitations. It is just what it is.... Unconditional without limits.

As I walked away from my lunch that day I wondered if we as humans would, or even if we could love ourselves, each other, and Source unconditionally?

No comments: