Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fire of the Spirit


As I share some of my experiences in life, I have to mention one of the many experiences I had, that pushed me over the edge, on the the path that I am on now. It seems to have started two and a half years ago. I have mentioned before about having experiences that were rather spontaneous happening in and out through out my whole life. Nothing, as strong as the one I wrote about in my blog "Epiphany" but close to it.

Again, these were happening spontaneous and could happen any where or at anytime, while I was driving, setting at my desk or just living life. What happened was that I would start to get a tingling sensation in my body and a feeling of warmth and love would drape over me like a nice fuzzy tingly blanket coming form behind by back. Then an all encompassing feeling of love and acceptance would shoot up my spine almost like fire as it exploded out of my head. A feeling of pure bliss and ecstasy would follow as love felt like it was beaming form every cell in my whole body.

This experience was different than what I described earlier in the "Epiphany" blog as I felt apart of everyone and everything. This was a feeling of love for all those around me. The feeling would last a few minutes and it would slowly wear off the rest of the day.

The funny thing is that I was in an unhealthy situation at my work place and this would happen where I felt love but would start to resort back into the unhealthy behavior patterns as I went back into my environment within days. As I was starting to work on a healing program for my workplace, I decided to take the liberty of following my nose, so to speak.

I decided to try to find what and why this was happening to me. So I began to talk to very close friends, where it was suggested that I start learning meditation, which might help me understand what was going on.

A Continuing Education catalog arrived at our house within a few days of this decision and as I was looking through it, a meditation class stood out. OK, that was easy, I called and enrolled. Feeling a little uncomfortable and like a fish out of water, I sat in my first class out on the side. Our teacher was going to have no part of that and quickly moved us into a circle and started us out by saying our name and why we were there.

As I opened my mouth to say, I was here to see what mediation was all about, the teacher stopped me in mid sentence and said, "so much will change in your life the next nine months and you will not know yourself as you know yourself now." Oh honey, you didn't volunteer to come here, you were dragged here." Then she moved on to the next person, as my sentence was never completed. I wish I could say that all my answers were answered in that class but it was the beginning of a journey of self discovery and spiritual awakening for the last two and a half years.

I might not have the answers you might be looking for but if you are reading this blog then you are on the same path that I am of learning. As we share our experiences and stories, then we come together in a unity of understanding that when the Holy Spirit calls us to grow, the only way to find peace, is to move on that path.

In Love,
Ana

No comments: