Monday, December 22, 2008

A Voice of Gentle Reason


I guess one of the things that we often ponder is the question, are we alone in the world or universe and I don't mean family or friends. So many times I have thought about this question myself and wondered if we live in such a big space, "can we be the only ones here?" I am finding for myself as I am leaning that there is more to this earth that we can see even with our own eyes.

As we become more aware we start to experience things that seem to tell us that we are not. I know in my own experience I discovered that we are not always doing things alone.

When I was six years old we had a working ranch in Presidio, TX. I was in first grade and the bus would always bring me home. One day I arrived before my parents could get home from errands and found the whole place deserted. I panicked and started to walk over to the neighbors house that was one and half miles next to the highway. I remember crying when I heard the voice tell me, “Don't cry, I am with you.” I stopped crying and felt someone around me.

To make the story short I did make it to my friends house and played until my parents found me which I had already forgotten about them not being at home. It was all though out the rest of my life that, that same voice would come into my life a kind and gentle voice of guidance.

It wasn't until I met my husband for the first time that I really heard the voice strongly say,.... “That is him”! "He is the one!" 'Him who?', I asked but I knew what it meant.” We married nine months later. And nine months after we married we had our daughter.

Last year even though I didn't want to admit that there was really something out there as a guardian angel , or guide following me around that I agreed to go to a Healing Seminar. I went with a friend who took me under her wing to show me that there was more to this life than what we can see. I went only to apease her and go on with my life without much thought of it. It was when our teacher had us do a meditation that things began to shift. In the meditation we had to ask if there was an angel or guide to please give us proof by showing us something close to our heart that only we would know.

Of course since I was there in the group I went though the mediation so that we could get to lunch. I was starving and I was getting tired of sitting in the class. He dismissed us for lunch and we ate but before we got back we went to the bookstore that was right next to where our class was.

It was there in the corner of the store I saw this necklace and it was a design I had drawn, up in the mountains of Taos when a teacher asked me to go inside myself and find my inner core. It was a drawing of something so special with personal symbols that meant a lot to my heart. I saw it and I grabbed up the medallion throwing it in the back of the old shelf and skulked back to the class.

“How could anyone steal my design!", I complained to my friend.
I had not shared it with anyone it was too personal!

Of course the first thing the teacher asked when we started class was, “Did anyone get a sign or something from their angel or guides that told them that they were real?” OH No!

I forgot! I looked at my friend as the color drained from my face and I realized that it was from someone who knew who I really was deep within. I quickly went back to the store and dug though all the Jewelry to find the design as soon as the class let out. I took the time to really look at it and turned it over which reviled the words” Please Guide this Woman” Amazed I bought it and restrung it wearing it to remind me that I was not alone.

Today I have moved past having to wear my necklace everyday as a reminder but I am always aware of the guiding voice that warns me or reminds me when I need to do things. I am not saying that I am always good at listening though........

Ana

1 comment:

Katherine Doerge said...

Wonderful story and a great reminder...

K