Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Journey

They say the fastest way between two points is a straight line. This is something we have have always known. My view on it in the past however has been wanting to forgo that straight line and be where I was going yesterday. Christmas holidays, Summer vacation, Europe, or a party just to name a few of the events that I hurry to be apart of.

When I was a little girl my mother used to tell me that the whole point of the straight line is the adventure and the journey is the key to whatever life holds. Of course it wasn't until much later in life that this had any meaning for me. I discovered that making the plans, preparing, traveling or the people that I met only added to the joy to whatever event life handed me.

As I started to look at the journey we have in each of our own lives and how we connect with each other. I began to realize that there was more to life than the final destination. Each of the side trips or delays that interfered with us getting to where we thought we should be only added more color to our stories.

It is in these moments that we take a breath and look around us and see where we have been and how much we have grown inside our own being. It is a time to stop and enjoy what we do have and who is in our lives.
.

No comments: