Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Other Side of the Coin


The other day we were driving to the airport to fly out to visit my little sister and her family for Christmas. We were all packed and snug in the car as I listened to my two children play a game in the back seat. My son had a card deck and was asking his sister what color was the card he had in his hand. Well, there were only two colors and black or red were it.

Of course this gives you a fifty fifty chance of getting it right and my husband who is an Engineer was enjoying figuring out all the averages. I listened in until I was caught and was called in to play as he went through the whole deck. As we swished players I thought about playing heads or tails with a quarter which seemed to follow the same rules.

Then I remembered a saying that I heard once and would try to apply it when I could. All it said was, "what's on the other side of the coin?" Often we come to situations in life that we need to look at both sides of the coin. So many times we only see one side and so we miss out on the other fifty percent of what life has to offer us.

I think it is there when we flip the coin and remember the other side we realize that there really are two sides to each and every story that life becomes more interesting. We are all created to see form our own point of view but looking at things form someone else's prospective allows us to see a much bigger picture.

Ana

No comments: