Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moon Cycles


Did you know that we as humans cycle with the moon? We do...... It is kind of weird but there seems to be a pattern.... I didn't know this. It wasn't until I was talking to a friend and mentioned that I have bursts of inspiration where I feel very creative and focused. And then there are other times I could talk the ear off a flea and only want to be out and about with people.

My friend said, "you know Ana, you should chart your moods with the moon cycle. The moon has a gravitational pull on the earth and it does effect the tides in some way and we as humans are made up of a high percentage of water". Hmmm... I was thinking to myself this might help me to know when I could sit and really work on a piece of my art without feeling I need to get up and be somewhere else. "OK, I will do it!" And for the next six months I started to chart my focus.

My daughter helped me find a site on the internet that told us what phase and also gave the percentage of when the moon was waxing and waning. I had no idea what each meant as I started out. I charted my creativity and my social patterns.

The results were amazing and seemed to follow a pattern. I found that when the moon is waxing and getting closer to the full moon I was more apt to wanting to be out with others in a more social environment. It was when the moon was in the waning cycle I wanted to stay closer around the house and was more focused and able to be creative with my hands.

During the cycle of the full moon for each, I found that I could not sit still but needed to be out of the house and was again inspired creatively only it was more verbal and people oriented. This information was great because now I could tell my friends and family when I needed to be alone and when I could give them my full attention without feeling guilty of wanting to be working on my art.

Trust me it does make a big difference in relationships knowing who you really are and accepting others for who they are........

Blessings for the New Year!
Ana

No comments: