Saturday, January 10, 2009

Contradictions of the Heart


I don't know if you have ever noticed but our words and actions will often betray the secrets of our own hearts. I call this a contradiction of the heart.

One of my teachers brought this to our attention at a class one day. He mentioned that we often betray ourselves by saying one thing and our body language says another. For example, if someone is telling you, yes they did something but their head is shaking from side to side as in no, chances are they are not telling you all the facts.

As I became more aware of this, I realized that we all seem to have this little habit. I also started to listen to the words that were coming out of my own mouth. You may think this is funny because we believe we are all in control of our words but often when we are speaking, our own words will betray our true feelings. Then the phrases that follow are, Oh I was only kidding, or I never meant to say that become part of our language.

What I have found is that when people are unconscious they speak from their hearts and when they realize that they have just shared something to personal they change their point, influenced by some sort of fear they carry. This presents its self as a duel personality. Split by wanting to do something but for some reason not following pursuit.

So what does all this mean? An unbalance in the soul, mind and body. As you become familiar with your own words and actions, you begin to see it so clearly when you listen to yourself and others as we move in and out of consciousness.

Emotions, longings, missed opportunities and regrets start to show up in our speech and actions. Others around you often pick up what you hide from yourself and are afraid to see or face.......

This reminds me of the story of the, "The Emperor and the New Clothes". Everyone around the Emperor knows that he is nude but no one will say it including the Emperor himself...... Who is the only one who can change the whole situation.

I am not saying run out and tell people that they are wrong. All I am saying is that by being aware of what our own actions and words are trying telling us, we are given the keys of understanding what is inside our souls. For it is all about tunning into ourselves that we can start to balance ourselves again.

Blessings, Ana

No comments: