Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Soul Sickness

I am finding that my own experiences plays a big part of my learning and without all the bumps and bruises, I would never understand the full meaning of my own life.

I say this because one of my dearest friends invited me over for lunch the other day and I brought up my feelings about the new Healing group that we were in. I was comparing the groups ability to work with each other to the one that I had left in my previous work position.

"I don't understand it," I said," we all had the same goals yet we were all in such misery," I could see by her silence and her expression she was thinking on how to explain something. Then she asked me why I left......

"Oh, that was easy," as I gave her a metaphor....... "It was like I was standing in a courtyard with the other people and we were all looking at our shoes the whole time. And I was happy until one day I looked up and saw that there was a world out there other than our shoes. "

"I looked around but there seemed to be only a few of us looking up. I tried to put my head down and look at my shoes again but was very discontented with this activity so I started to talk about what I saw only making the others uncomfortable. I found myself becoming angry because I was making myself conform to what the others were doing but knowing in my heart that I wanted to look up and see."

"Talk about splitting in two." "I guess this is what you call, soul sickness." "Good", she said, "That means that when you looked up you started to be aware." "What happened next?" "Besides making myself and everyone around me miserable?," I said. "I left and tried to be alone which didn't last long, so that is why I am in this group."

"Let me explain something," she said, "which may help." There are different forms of consciousness and I know of three them." "They are mass, individual and group." "You will find that all three play into a big part of our learning."

"You ever hear of Mass Hysteria?" "You see, it is a very primitive form of human consciousness. In this state people are only influenced by what the whole mass is doing. If the mass is in a panic then everyone is in a panic and so on. Basically it boils down to is that the individual is not understood as it is a consciousness with only conformity. "

"Now the Individual Conscious occurs when the person discovers they are different and want to be separate from the Mass. Only this can cause problems as we were made and connected to each other. Ever hear of Hermits or Loners? By being in this state you disconnect with all your relations and the people who love you."

"The last is the Group Consciousness and this seems to be what you are referring to as the Healing group. And that is that we all seek the same goal but celebrate what each brings to the table as an individual. There is no form of competition because we all agree that everyone has a different view and a right to say what is on their hearts. We are all teachers as we are all students."

"As far as the group staying that way, is really up to the members. Only time will tell..." I finished my lunch and thanked her as I ran out the door to my next appointment. The drive was long but beautiful as I was thankful for all the people that God had brought into my life.

Blessings,
Ana

No comments: