Friday, January 23, 2009

Divine Intervention


In the Spring of 2008, I woke up one morning and yes, it was after I broke my rose colored glasses. I found myself in a state of half sleep and half awake. I have learned since then, that this state has a name called, "twilight". As I was laying there on my bed I started to scan the room and noticed to that my husband was still sound asleep.

It was then, that I also noticed that there were two extremely tall figures standing on my side of the bed. I guess you might think that I would panic only they were emanating this beautiful light. As far as I could tell they were not made of solid mass. As I laid there watching them, one of them handed a picture frame to me and said, "look at this". Instantly I recognized the voice that I had heard through out my life and so I took it in my hands and looked.

At first the picture in the frame was empty. Then as I looked, I saw myself working in the church and running around being very busy. One of them pointed to the picture and I heard "See this?" "This is not what it is about".
Instantly the frame went blank.

Next, I saw myself again in the frame only this time I was at the University where I was taking a jewelry class. I was busy working on my newest project and seemed very happy. Again, I heard, "See this?" "This is not what it is about".

About what? I remember thinking.... What are they talking about? Then the picture went blank and started up once more showing me myself, only this time I was at home cleaning and working around the house doing housewife things.
The voice said, "See this?" This is not what it is about."

Then they took the frame away from me..... It was then that I heard another voice that didn't seem to belong to the other two and it said, "Ana, Come with me and let me show you what it is all about." OK, that was it!.......Fear had griped me and I said, "NO"! there was a pause and I heard, "Ana, let go of these things for this is not what it is all about."

"NO!" "I said to them, I will not go with you and I am perfectlly happy where I am and what I am doing!" "Let me be!" The voice that I knew said, "She is not ready." And I heard the voice form the one that I couldn't see say, "Get her ready." Ready? Ready for what? I was thinking as the two beings seemed to fade form my sight.

I turned immediately over and woke up my husband giving him a full account of what just happened. I told him they wanted to get me ready, but for what???? My mind started to race and I thought, Oh no, I am going to die. Oh, they want us to move far away. We are all going to die???? What is going on? Steve spent a few hours calming me down and I finely was able to move past it a little to get on with my day and life....

It was within a few months that my Professor and I who were friends seemed to become a little distant in our friendship. In fact the whole experience made me realize that it was time to move on. So I decided not to sign up for another course in jewelry at the University.

Soon after, that summer we had gone with our family on vacation and again I had another encounter with one of the beings only this time reminding me that it was not good for me to be where I was working and it was time to leave. I dismissed it, and went on with my family trying to enjoy myself. Not knowing what to expect when we returned home.

After recovering from jet lag form our trip to Italy. I came back to work at the church and something was not right. In fact my life became a living nightmare as I tried to integrate back into my work. Only things were not working out even as I tried to ignore it and continue with what I was doing. Things became so bad that I had to leave my position within the first few weeks of returning.

It was a few months after recovering from that painful split that I realized that what I had been through was not something that just happened. This was an intervention of the Divine. I can tell you now that even through my stubbornness that I can learn. I didn't wait around for the third thing to happen.

Also, now looking back and I am truly grateful for all the amazing friends, family and teachers who picked me up off the floor and helped me move thorough this process. Through it all, I have learned that we are never alone in this world even when we think that we are. There are those who love us and guide us even when we can't see or want to change.

I know to, that God, the Creator has a plan and we are all apart of His plan. I see to that fear and being comfortable in our ways can stop us form making a change. This is something that we as human beings do not like doing but it is amazing to me that when we are not on the path we are supposed to walk that the Divine will intervene and set us straight.

Blessings,
Ana

No comments: