Friday, January 2, 2009

Language of the Body


Did you know that the body has it's own language and I am not talking about the language you see outside the body but inside? Yes, it does and each organ has its own sound that it makes when it is healthy and functioning properly.

Think about this..... you have a beautiful symphony playing inside your body when you are in the perfect health. When you are ill your body would be like striking a key on the piano that is out of tune. Each and everyone of your major organs has its own sound which includes your brain, heart, lungs, liver, spleen, and stomach just to name a few.

It was the ancients who had first discovered this and knew that illness would be prevalent when the body was out of tune. By knowing this they also learned that energy which they called Chi could be used when chanting and directed with focus toward the organ would also bring healing to that part of the body.
It kind of reminds me of fine tuning a beautiful interment before you play.

A year ago I had the privilege of studying with a teacher who taught the art of Qigong. It is a form of martial art that focuses on healing and energy of the body. The whole experience was enlightening, if you ever get the chance to try it. I think it was the first time in my life that I learned to really focus and tune into my own body with an appreciation of how I was put together.

This past holiday I got to watch a movie called "Australia" and loved it. I especially liked the part of the Aborigine child who said that, "I will sing you to me". To me, it touched my heart because inside we each carry our own song of love and healing. It is all there, we just have to take the time to listen. As we learn more about ourselves and tune into our own hearts life becomes more than just an average day but a true experience of wonder.


Ana

No comments: