Saturday, November 29, 2008

Addictions

Addiction can be a scary word when we think about it and associate it with alcohol, food and drugs. But addiction can be about so many other things that we never think about. Did you know that we can have addictions with people ? I think we call it Codependency.... We can be addicted to places or things.

For me I do have an addiction and it didn't come up until it showed up on a test that the Dr. was running. Lucky for me that my Dr. was nice in putting it in a mild way about it could effect my hormones. Oh yeah my addiction is caffeine. I love coffee, tea and chocolate which are both loaded in caffeine. A little bit is good for the heart but too much of anything is not good for the upkeep and wellness of the body.

You know how hard it is to be a woman living in Texas and be without caffeine? The first few days were a nightmare for my family. When I announced that I was just fine without it and decided to quite cold turkey.

Then there are the Moms who offer us a cup of coffee or tea when we visit or the friend who has a beautiful box of chocolate on the table and wants to share. Of course there are those wonderful baking friends who make these delightful desserts that have name like "Chocolate Sin" or "Double Dutch Chocolate" and have made them just for you. It is everywhere!!!!

What is eating out when you can't have a nice cold glass of ice tea? OK, I want to applaud those amazing people who stop their addictions and never look back. I am finding that for me temptation is always around the corner.

No comments: